Friday, May 20, 2016

Pens and Butterflies


This is an interesting technique that I learned recently. It's done by rubbing graphite all over your paper and then erasing within the confines of a stencil. The tangles are then done with a pen as usual. I have a brass stencil that has pens, a pencil and a brush. Only three shapes fit on my tile but that is fine by me. As I picked my tangles I tried to choose ones that would add extra black areas in it. Fun, fun! It's not a traditional zentangle but I really enjoyed playing with it.


This piece is much bigger than a tile. It uses the big butterfly from one brass stencil, the small butterfly from another stencil and the word from a third. If you look at this one closely you will see that I decided to use a pencil for the tangles on the little butterfly so that there would be even less emphasis on it, 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us this beautiful rubbing graphite technique. I like it very much and I'm fond of the tile with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the tangles that you used in the stencils. Interesting technique. Have you taught in a class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful! That technique is very intersting ... I give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this technique. Am I right in thinking these are Dreamweaver stencils? They look familiar and I have used them a lot in the past. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.