Monday, May 13, 2013

Tangles from Sandy Steen Bartholomew



Today's tile was inspired by tangles that came from the books from Sandy Steen Bartholomew. Sandy has several books out. Totally Tangled, Yoga for the Brain, and Zentangle for Kids. Her books are fantastic! They are always the books I recommend when my students ask me which ones they should purchase. They cover the basics, they have great tangle patterns, and Sandy gives such wonderful insight into helping you see tangle patterns on your own. And her style of drawing is just such FUN!

The tangle patterns used here;
Btl Joos
Bauer
Mumsy
Gewgle
Emilie

Since yesterday was Mother's Day, I want to take today to thank all those who have taken on the duties of a mom to help me along my way. In the world of Zentangle, Sandy has been like a fairy godmother. She has helped me see the wonders of Zentangle through her own 'twinkly' glasses.

This is actually part of my continuing challenge to myself to use tangles by different artists (that have created multiple tangles) and to use them together in a single tile.

This tile also uses one of the stings from Linda Farmers string ideas on Tanglepatterns.com
This is string 46 from Pat Ferguson CZT.

3 comments:

  1. Sue, a beautiful tribute to Sandy! And a great tile idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those books and always recommend them to my students as well. They are well written and showcase the fun and whimsical nature of Zentangle as well as the many benefits of the practice of drawing tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did w/her tangles!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.