Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuxedos and Prom



'Tuxedo' - That's the tangle pattern we have been challenged to use this week. It's a fun tangle from LeeAnn so I was happy to use it again. I decided to pair it with 'Teeny', a tangle pattern from Moon Attic. Teeny is inspired by martini glasses so I like it paired with Tuxedo.

I was planning to do the stars with a clear glaze pen and do a watercolor wash over them but when I found my clear glaze pen had dried up I had to switch gears. I realized that if I used enough pressure with my pen I could make an impression on the paper. Then when I used the side of my colored pencil I was able to leave the impressions white!

As I was doing this tile I thought about couples dancing under a starry sky - or maybe just the sparkles of reflected light in a high school gym. Can you tell I was watching "Dancing with the Stars" last night on TV. The theme this week was Prom night. Seeing everybody in there prom best made me look for my old prom picture so I thought I'd share it here. My prom dress makes me smile as it brings back memories of shopping for it with my mom. My mom was always very frugal. When she heard that sample sizes of bridesmaid dresses could be bought cheaply, that's where she took me to get this dress.


11 comments:

  1. Wine glasses and tuxedo...how classy and your tile as usual is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is priceless. ♥ Love your tile...and I so appreciate when artists tell me how they achieved certain effects - like your little white sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tangle combination look great together, love the blue color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue color really is striking with tuxedo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tile is beautiful, I love the touch of blue. Thank you for sharing your memory and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As it has just started snowing here in the South of the UK (it's April for goodness sake), it reminds me of snowmen and snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combo, Sue. Now I have to find a clear glaze pen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tile, Sue. It's great to read about what you were thinking and how you did it. I love the picture too. It's so much fun to look back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like what the color adds to this tile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tile, love the picture and even love the wall: it resembles Krust from Sandy Steen Bartholomew!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.