Friday, March 29, 2013

Mooka Madness


Mooka is a tangle pattern that I could use more practice with. I love the way Maria gets hers to move and flow and I'm not quite there yet. So for this challenge from the 'Diva' to use only Mooka, I decided to concentrate on trying to get mine to flow better.

In the first tile I used a tile I had hand colored first. I put the Mooka pattern in lightly with pencil and used it to do my LaBel pattern over the line. Mooka looks a little bumpy here but interesting. A little white colored pencil highlighted the buds.


For this tile I used a black Tombow marker and used the brush tip to see what variations I could get with thick and thin lines.


Here I used my Tombow colored markers with a watercolor technigue.


And when I went outside to photograph my tiles I saw that my crocus have FINALLY opened. So I did one more tile inspired by that.



8 comments:

  1. Your tiles are always so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all wonderful Sue, all so different, beautiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tiles! Mooka looks so interesting using an alternative pattern for the lines - terrific idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, I must say, I really like the last one where your crocus' inspired you!!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mookas are so lovely, Sue. Your use of shading is expert and adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. I love the look of the line that you got with the brush tip pen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Mooka's and also the crocus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mookas you did.But the blue one is my prefered!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.