Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year


Happy New Year! I was born in New York so the new year isn't official to me without the ball drop in Times Square. I've never seen it in person but I always watch for it on TV.

This ZIA (Zentangle Inspired Art) started with a wash of watercolor paint around a circle that I left unpainted. I then lifted out color to get my 'rays' of light. Tangles came next with a few marker highlights on the ball. Tripoli is the tangle that I used on the ball. I purposely skipped a couple of places so there would be more 'sparkle'.

If you are a regular reader of this blog you may notice that this is a piece I did last year. But I do think it's worth a celebratory repeat! I hope you do too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you reposted this. I missed it last year and am focusing this year on adding color to my tangles. You can count on my visiting your blog often for color inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.