Friday, August 10, 2012

Sepia Brayd


The Diva has asked us to use a tangle called Brayd in our work this week. Brayd is a lovely tangle from Michele Beauchamp CZT. I've admired Brayd before but hadn't used it yet. I think that when I did it this week, the things I enjoyed the most were the sparkles and the opportunities for shading. I love how it becomes three dimensional with the shading and sparkles.  I also used one of Sandy Steen Bartholomew's tangles - 'Skeen' behind Brayd.

The pen used is a colored Micron Pigma pen and colored pencils were used for shading.



14 comments:

  1. You did a great job with Brayd. Skeen goes very well with it.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Your shading is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely - such a fantastic shading job. I have the most trouble getting that part right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the sepia micron, it Skeen is a great accompaniment for Brayd. Beautiful job. I've got to get some sepia pens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love your choice of patterns as they work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gentile zentangle, very neat and friendly! It is full of harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tiles always speak wonders of beauty to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this one. So beautifully flowing. Skeen is perfect as the background. I now have to try that tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great combination, love all the highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work Sue. Your art always inspires me with new ideas and I enjoy your creativity. Thanks for skeen, I havent seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that the open spaces on your brayd are a bit wider than I did mine....need to try that too! Cool tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great combination of tangles. I did not know that Brayd was supposed to have the broken lines. It really adds a lot. The Have never seen Skeen before either! Very nice, Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.