Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Biggify challenge



The newest challenge from 'the Diva' asks us to use our tangle patterns in a different way. Instead of drawing multiple intricate patterns as I normally love to do, we were asked to make our tangle patterns as big as possible on the same size paper as we normally use.

So these tiles are my normal 3 1/2 " squares of paper. The tangles in the top tile are hollibaugh, crescent moon, and eke. The lower tile uses pokeleaf and shattuck. I'm not sure these tiles are totally successful to my eye but they are a good exercise and I'm glad I tried it.

13 comments:

  1. I love the shading with the larger tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tiles are lovely! I really like the big tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tiles, first one is so 3d.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....your tiles look fabulous! Love the simplicity of these two...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your first tile , particularly the weaving strips.

    K.N.Malathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the top one! It looks as if you've sliced through the paper and slipped patterns underneath. Lovely!
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with above, the first one has incredible dimension. The second one is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this gives me aha! feeling.

    Great tangles.

    Dilip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the 1st one is so eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The biggify really gives a whole new look to your tangles and the shading adds so much. Very graphic and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first one really catches your eye! Great art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so simple yet so striking! I love the airy feeling of your tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow...I love hollibaugh, and your pokeleaf looks like Arum lily's!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.