Monday, February 7, 2011

adding color to winter

3 1/2 x 3 1/2
All the snow on the ground is beautiful when it first comes down, but now it is getting tiresome. Yesterday the snowplow came to plow out my driveway AGAIN. We weren't fast enough in getting the newspaper so now our Sunday paper is buried under a mound somewhere. I'm getting depressed.

I need color in my life. I've been inspired by several of the artists on the Flicker photo sharing site so this is my contribution. It's a fairly simple tangle but the coloring let me have some fun. This was done with colored pencil.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful – love the colors you chose! The patterns warmth of yellow-orange-red is getting over the blue-green of the background the cold (in terms of color). As if the ice is ment to be melted away…

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's bold like a pillow.great 3d effect!love the whole composition !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.